Sunday, October 12, 2014

Ghoulish Manicure

Hello Ghouls! I decided to try another simple Halloween inspired manicure anyone can do! It's bright and colorful without being too busy. There are ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, glitter, and stitched tips. I call it the Ghoulish Manicure.

 Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions! 




As always the step-by-step instructions are down below. Enjoy!


Difficulty: Easy

TOOLS:
1. White nail polish-i used Petites in French White 2.Dark purple nail polish-I used Sinful Colors in Amethyst 3.Lime Green polish-I used Pure Ice in Wild Thing 4.Orange nail polish- I used Sinful Colors in Cloud 9
5.Black striper polish- I used Salon Perfect in Black Ink 6.Black Glitter polish- I used Salon Perfect in Black Diamond
7.Dotting Tool/toothpick 
8.Clear Top Coat--I used NYC Long Wearing Extra Shiny

STEPS:


1. Begin by painting your: thumbs-purple, ring fingers-orange, pinky-black glitter.
Next paint the tips of your other fingers the following colors: index-lime green and middle finger-purple. Allow to dry. 

2. Grab your black striper polish and draw the face for the jack-o-lantern on your ring fingers-i drew 2 triangles for eyes, an upside down triangle for the nose and a crooked smile. After you have finished with your ring fingers let's draw some stitches on your index and middle fingers!
Index and Middle fingers-using the black striper polish-draw a straight line on the top of the colored tip you painted in step 1 across your finger. Now add 4-5 smaller lines going through the long line. They do not have to be straight-have fun with it!

3. On to the thumb! Using your white polish drag the brush from the side of your finger to the center of your thumb, to make the ghost. Take your time and if you need to you can go over it again to get a more rounded shape for the head. Allow to dry completely!!!!

4. Grab your dotting tool and black polish and give that ghost a face! I added to eyes and a larger got for the mouth.  After all of your nails are dry add your top coat and you are done! :)

 If you try this manicure or any of my other tutorials I would love to see it!  You can upload it to my Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/inkandcupcakes
 
or tag me on instagram with hashtag #inkandcupcakes. 
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @inkandcupcakes
 
Thank You!!
xoxo Sarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment