Saturday, October 4, 2014

Bloody Nail Art Design

Hello October!!!! You know what this means? Halloween will be here before we know it! YAY!!

So let's learn some spooky nail art! I have seen this design many times but had never tried it! Today's tutorial is a bloody design you are sure to enjoy! 


 This design is very simple! You only need a few things and a little bit of free time :)

Step by step instructions are down below.

 






Difficulty: Easy   
Tools you will need:   1. Dark red nail polish-i used Sinful Colors in GoGo Girl
                                         2. Nude nail polish-I used Sinful Colors in Easy Going
                                         3. Matte Top Coat- i used NYC Matte Me Crazy
                                         4. a dotting tool or a bobby pin/toothpick etc..

Steps:

1. Paint all of your nails with the nude nail polish. Mine needed 2 coats. Allow to try and add the clear Matte top coat over the nude polish and wait until it is dry. *this will give a cool effect because the nude background will be matte and the red will be shiny*

2.Using your dark red nail polish paint a straight light across the tips of your nails. It doesn't have to be perfect-just make sure it is dark enough, mine needed to coats.

3. Using your dotting tool and the dark red nail polish place a few dots above the red line you painted and drag the dotting tool to connect the "drip" to your line. I found that dipping the dotting tool twice in my red nail polish and then dotting my nail with it made a good "drip". Continue this on all of your nails--unless you want fang marks..

4.I decided to add some fang marks to one of the ring fingers to add something a little different. Using the dotting tool I placed 2 dots side by side to resemble fang marks and used the dotting tool to add some drips of blood going away from them. 

Done! Now that wasn't hard was it?! 


If you try this manicure or any of my other tutorials I would love to see it!  You can upload it to my Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/inkandcupcakes
 

or tag me on instagram with hashtag #inkandcupcakes. 

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @inkandcupcakes
 

Thank You!!
xoxo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment