Thursday, September 18, 2014

Jack Skellington Nail Art

What's this?

What's this?

It's time for another nail design!!!

 FYI-I love The Nightmare Before Christmas! So now that October is just around the corner, I figured it would be appropriate for a Jack Skellington manicure! Step by step instruction are down below. So Have Fun & Enjoy!!  




Difficulty: Medium
Tools you will need:   1.Small Dotting tool-I used a toothpick
                                2.White nail polish-I used Petites in French White
                                3. Black nail polish-I used Jordana in Black
                                4.Dark purple nail polish- I used Sinful Colors in Amethyst
                                5.Purple glitter nail polish- I used Petites in Black Amethyst
                                6.Yellow nail polish- I used SH Sugar Coat in Sweetie
                                7.Clear top coat- I used NYC Long Wearing Extra Shiny Top Coat

Now let's get started!

1. Paint all of your nails white! Mine needed 2 coats. Allow it to dry completely.

2. Grab your black nail polish and put some on a paper plate (or something you don't mind throwing away) and grab your dotting tool or toothpick. Practice dipping and making small circles and lines on the paper plate, when you feel comfortable move to the next step.

3. Use your toothpick to draw Jack's eyes on your middle finger. Remember they don't have to be perfect circles, start small and you go always make them bigger-have fun with it!

4. After his eyes are done draw to small lines for his nose and then draw a smile with small stitches through it. Next take your time and draw some black lines using your toothpick on your pinky nail to make some stripes.

5. Paint your thumb and ring finger purple. While that it drying go ahead and paint the purple glitter on your index finger. (if you want you can paint your index finger purple or black and then add the purple glitter-it's up to you!) When your nails are dry move on to the next step!

6. Using your yellow nail polish paint a circle in the center of your thumb-remember to start small and make it bigger if need be. Mine needed 2 coats. Let it dry.

7. Using your toothpick and black nail polish start at the bottom right corner of your thumb nail and begin stippling the outline of the infamous curly hill. Remember it get's smaller as it curls so take your time! Fill it in with the same stippling you did the outline with.

8. I decided to add some stitches on my ring finger because it looked bare. I used my toothpick dipped in black nail polish to slowly drag a line across my nail and then did a few small stitches across the larger line--much like Jack's mouth!

9. When your designs are dry add your clear top coat!

10. You are done!! YAY! You rock!   Now go sing "What's This?" or "This is Halloween" and annoy your kids, friends, family...... :)    


If you try this manicure or any of the others I have posted, I would love to see it! 

Please email it- inkandcupcakes@gmail.com
or tag me on instagram with hashtag #inkandcupcakes

Thank You!!
xoxo

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment