Friday, September 19, 2014

Disco Zebra Manicure

Since the Watercolor Zebra Print Manicure was such a hit, I decided to show you a different take on zebra print with *drumroll please*...The Disco Zebra Manicure!

            This design is colorful, simple, and quick! 


                                 Step by step instructions are down below!



Difficulty: Easy
Tools you will need:     1.Purple nail polish--I used Sinful Colors in Amethyst
                                  2.Silver striper nail polish (or regular silver polish and a toothpick!)- I used L.A. Colors Striper in Silver
                                  3.Glitter nail polish- I used Milani in Diamond Dazzle
                                  4.Clear top coat- I used NYC Extra Shiny Top Coat

Here we go!

1. Paint your thumb, index finger, ring finger, and pinky purple. Now paint your middle finger silver. Wait until it is dry then let's start striping! 

2. I decided to put zebra stripes on the thumb and ring finger.  Use your silver nail striper or silver nail polish (if you do NOT have a striper you need to put a dollop of nail polish on a paper plate or something you don't mind throwing away and grab your toothpick--dip it in the nail polish....) start at the top of your nail on the left side and let the brush/toothpick lightly touch your nail. Now roll your nail towards you to make a stripe! Not all stripes are the same! Some are wavy and some are thick! It is all up to you!

3. Now you should have 1 stripe-GO YOU!!- now for the second stripe--do the same thing you just did but on the opposite side and roll your nail away from you! Keep going back and forth until you are satisfied with the amount of stripes on your nail. (i normally do 4-6 depending on the nail)

4. Now that the stripes are out of the way it's time to add some glitter! Apply a layer of glitter nail polish over the purple nail polish on your pinky and a layer over the silver nail polish on your middle finger. After your polish is dry add your clear top coat and you are done!

Now that wasn't so hard was it?!?  And your nails look fabulous I bet! :)  
***Special THANKS to my awesome Mom for being my guinea pig for this manicure!***

If you try this manicure or any of my other tutorials I would love to see it! 
You can upload it to my Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/inkandcupcakes
or tag me on instagram with hashtag #inkandcupcakes.

Thank You!!
xoxo

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment