Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Easy TMNT Nail Art

Here is the 3rd nail art tutorial for today as promised!

My 5 year old daughter is currently all about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, she was even Leonardo for Halloween. She also has a habit of chewing on her nails but if they are painted sometimes she won't chew on them--this design lasted her a WEEK! That is a record in my household, normally it is gone by the end of the day! This design is quick (have you ever tried to paint a child's nails? omg. lol) and simple!


Difficulty: Easy

TOOLS:
               1.Green polish- I used NYC in High Line Green
               2. Red polish- I used NYC in Columbus Circle Crimson
               3. Blue polish- I used Pure Ice in French Kiss
               4. Purple polish- I used SH striper in Purple Violet
               5. Orange polish- I used Sinful Colors in Cloud 9
               6. White polish- I used Sinful Colors in Snow Me White
               7. Black polish- I used Salon Perfect in Black Ink
               8. Clear Glitter polish- I used Milani in Diamond Dazzle
               9. Dotting tool/toothpick

STEPS:

1. Start off by painting all of your nails with the green nail polish. Allow to try. 

2. Next on all of your fingers but your ring finger, Using the RED, BLUE, PURPLE, and ORANGE draw a thick stripe across your nails to represent each mask. (one color per nail) On your ring finger put a layer or two of the glitter nail polish over the green to add some sparkle.

3. Once the masks are dry- grab your white nail polish and dotting tool and add 2 white dots to each mask for the eyes. Allow to dry completely. 

4. Now using a smaller dotting tool or toothpick add small black dots for the pupils on the white eyes.  Add a top coat when everything is dry and go find some bad guys! 

My daughter absolutely loved this manicure, she would show everyone she came across! :) 
  

  If you try this manicure or any of my other tutorials I would love to see it!  You can upload it to my Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/inkandcupcakeshttps://www.facebook.com/inkandcupcakes
 
or tag me on instagram with hashtag #inkandcupcakes. 
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @inkandcupcakes
 

Thank You!!
xoxo Sarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment