Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Simple Sparkle Manicure

I bought 2 new nail polishes recently to add to my collection NYC Precious Peacock and Orchid Teal Me A Secret. I fell in love with these colors as soon as I saw them and wanted to do a simple manicure to showcase the gorgeous colors.This manicure is simple and who doesn't love a little sparkle? ;)


Difficulty: Easy

Tools:   
          1. Emerald polish- I used NYC Precious Peacock 
          2. Teal Polish- I used Orchid Teal Me A Secret
          3. Clear Top Coat- I used NYC Long Wearing in 271 Extra Shiny Top Coat
          4. Loose glitter- I used a light blue in a diamond shape- but yellow, clear, green, just about any color would look good!
          5. toothpick to pick up the glitter and position it

STEPS:

1.Begin by painting your Thumb, Ring Finger, and Pinky with the TEAL polish.
  Now using the EMERALD paint your Index Finger and Middle Finger.
*in the #1 picture this is only after ONE coat. If you need to after the polish is dry add another coat or 2 or 3 (like I did for the NYC polish)haha... until the polish isn't opaque* 

2. Now add a clear coat on one nail at a time and using the toothpick dip the tip in the clear top coat and pick up a single piece of glitter and make a line of glitter going down the center of your nail-starting at the base of the nail and only going to the center. When your toothpick won't pick up the glitter simply dip it into the top coat again. I decided to make 3 lines of glitter on each nail ( one in the middle and one line on each side) The glitter I used was diamond shaped so I used 3 pieces of glitter for each line. Repeat on all nails.
When you are done add a top coat and you are done!

I really like how the glitter shines in the sunlight but is not too much to take away from the beautiful nail polish itself.  I hope you enjoy this simple tutorial! 

If you try this manicure or any of my other tutorials I would love to see it!  You can upload it to my Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/inkandcupcakeshttps://www.facebook.com/inkandcupcakes
 
or tag me on instagram with hashtag #inkandcupcakes. 
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @inkandcupcakes
 

Thank You!!
xoxo Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment